With a love for the outdoors and nature, Frederic Lyman grew up a natural born traveler, always seeking adventure.
While he has had the opportunity to visit many incredible places across the globe, Frederic Lyman has always dreamed of traveling to the beautiful islands of Hawaii.
Over the years, Frederic’s passion for travel has continued to grow, exploring a diverse range of sites including:
- Paris, France
- The Caribbean
After having all of these wonderful experiences abroad, Frederic Lyman has decided he would like to explore more of his own country, starting with one of the most exotic states, Hawaii. He loves everything that this state has to offer. He has even come up with a list of reasons to visit the Aloha State.
Top 5 reasons you should visit the Aloha State:
- Beaches – With over 400 public beaches in the area, you will definitely find one that suits you. Not only are the beaches beautiful, the sands of the beaches actually come in a variety of color, from white, black, red, yellow and even green. It is truly a rainbow of color.
- The Ocean – Hawaiian oceans are known for their waves! People come from all over to ride the waves by surfing, boogie boarding and windsurfing and more. You can also take boat tours and cruises or go scuba diving and snorkeling.
- The Culture – The beauty of the islands is only part of the significance to their culture. The native Hawaiians have developed so many culinary, religious and artistic practices that are unique to them.
- The Weather – Some of the most beautiful weather in the world can be found here all year round. Like everywhere else, they have their dry and wet seasons, but you are almost guarantee that somewhere on the islands it is sunny at any given time.
- People – The island is known as the Aloha State for a good reason. The islanders are for the most part very welcoming to the tourists and why wouldn’t the be, with Tourism being on of the islands biggest industry. Their is even a law that promotes the “Aloha” spirit.
Hawaii has always been of great interest to him even growing up as a young kid. With a great love for animals, nature, and the outdoors, Hawaii sounded like the place to be for Frederic.
Listed below, are some of the top activities Frederic Lyman would like to cross off his Hawaii bucket list.
- Hiking – Hiking is one of the first things that comes to mind when Frederic thinks of Hawaii, with its beautiful coastline, lush forests and mountains, waterfalls, and more. There are so many amazing sites to see and hundreds of different hiking trails. Some trails that he has read about and is interested in exploring include:
- Manoa Falls Trail
- Diamond Head Crater Summit Trail
- Kalalau Trail
- Surfing – As someone passionate about the outdoors and adventure, Frederic Lyman has always wanted to learn how to surf. He figures that Hawaii would be one of the best places to give it a try with its beautiful beaches and clear blue waters.
- Fishing – In Hawaii, fishing is not merely a sport but a way of life deeply rooted in the Hawaiian culture. Frederic Lyman has developed a strong understanding of the rules and regulations for fishing in Hawaii and is eager to check out all of the incredible marine life surrounding the islands. He would really like to try to catch Ulua, also known as Giant Trevally, one of the largest fish found in the area.
Learn more about Hawaii and ways to help donate to disaster relief on Frederic Lyman’s charity and humanitarian site.